Welcome to Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana. Diwali is just around the corner. Here we share you another diwali snack recipe by Salakha. Here She sharing delicious another recipe for Diwali which is Methi Sev. So what is special about this recipe is she has added Kasuri Methi by making it dry roasted and make a powder of it and add to the dough. So with the twist of the methi lets go ahead and look at the recipe.
METHI SEV Recipe Ingredients
1½ teaspoons roasted dried fenugreek powder (kasuri methi) + for sprinkling
2 cups gram flour
3 tablespoons oil + for greasing and deep-frying
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon carom seeds
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Chaat masala for sprinkling
METHI SEV Recipe Method
1. Grease a chakli press with some oil.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan.
4. Combine flour, salt, carom seeds, fenugreek powder and turmeric powder and mix. Add hot oil and mix well. Add sufficient water and knead into a semi-soft dough. Add remaining oil and knead again. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into equal portions. Fill in the greased chakli press fitted with sev attachment with a portion of prepared mixture. Press it out into hot oil and deep-fry till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Cool.
6. Sprinkle some chaat masala and fenugreek powder on top.
7. Serve or store in air tight container.
Preparation Time: 35-40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes