Ingredients For Making Truffles
400 grams white chocolate
½ cup fresh cream
½ tablespoon candied rose petals (gulkand)
½ teaspoon saffron strands
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
10-15 almonds, blanched and peeled
10-15 pistachios, blanched
¼ cup dried rose petals
Method to Make Truffles
1. Roughly chop chocolate and transfer into a bowl.
2. To prepare ganache, heat cream in a non-stick pan and bring to boil. Remove from heat, add to chopped chocolate and mix well till chocolate melts. Divide it equally into 3 different bowls.
3. Add candied rose petals to 1st bowl and mix well. Refrigerate till set.
4. Heat crushed saffron alongwith some water in a microwave for 30 seconds and mix. Add ½ of the saffron 2nd bowl reserving the remaining and mix well. Refrigerate till set.
5. Add cardamom powder to 3rd bowl and mix well. Refrigerate till set.
6. Finely chop almonds and pistachios.
7. Add remaining saffron mixture to chopped almonds and mix well. Transfer saffron-almonds mixture, pistachios and crushed dried rose petals onto different plates.
8. Scoop out cardamom ganache, shape them into balls and coat with saffron-almond mixture. Similarly, coat saffron ganache balls with pistachios and candied rose petals ganache balls with dried rose petals.
Preparation Time: 45-50 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes